Like the kitchen, the bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your house, so it’s no surprise that many homeowners invest in bathroom remodels. We’ve put together a list of the most important stages of bathroom remodeling, so you can know what to expect.
1. Planning and Design: This is perhaps the most important stage of bathroom remodeling, as it will set the tone for the entire project. During this stage, you’ll need to decide on a budget, choose materials and finishes, and develop a layout that meets your needs. It’s also important to consider the plumbing and electrical work that will need to be done during this stage.
2. Demolition: as mentioned above, we'll tear what needs to be torn down and remove old fixtures.
3. Installation: After the demolition is complete, it’s time to start installing the new bathroom fixtures and finishes. This includes everything from the tub and shower to the toilet and sink. It’s important to take care during this stage to avoid any damage to other walls or the floor.
4. Finishing Touches: After the bathroom fixtures are in place, it’s time for the finishing touches. This includes painting, tiling, and installing any new hardware. This is also a good time to add any final details that will make your bathroom truly unique.
5. Maintenance and Upkeep: Once your bathroom remodel is complete, it’s important to maintain it properly. This means cleaning regularly and repairing any damages as soon as they occur. By taking proper care of your bathroom, you can ensure that it will last for at least a decade!